Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Summer Style Guide


Summer Style Guide
-Indigo Palm Salon-


          "So, I noticed it's all of a sudden hot—really hot. I don't know how it happened, but somehow summer just caught me off guard. And as I was blow drying my hair this morning, I realized something. My hair is so last season and in need of an update. I have a lot going on this weekend and I want to look good. When can you get me in?"
 
This is a story that I hear from my clients all the time. It's fairly typical. I get calls almost every day from people suffering a seasonal style dilemma. And of course, this summer is no different.Everyone is looking for a new look, but not everyone knows what's trending this summer. That's where I come in. 

Indigo Palm Salon, BoiseRemember how beautiful Katniss Everdeen looked with braids in The Hunger Games? You can have the same look with braids too! But not just everyday braids. I'm talking about styles with a little more spunk--think fishtail or waterfall braids. Soft braided up-dos will also do the trick.
Indigo Palm Salon, Boise
Beyond braids, 2012 is all about fashion revival. This summer's fashion-forward are wearing popular styles from as far back as the roaring 20s all the way through the rocking 80s. It’s really a season where anything goes!
 
There are also new trends in color this summer. Most popular is color rub (hair chalking), which is replacing the hair-feather trend of last year. It's a cool way to temporarily add fun colors to your hair (pastels are in) without going permanent. Another hot trend is ombre, also called color melting. It blends your dark color to light without having any defined highlights or roots—it looks beautiful! And of course summertime always calls for lighter colored hair, but this season, warm blondes are more popular than the ultra-light platinums of the last few years.


 
Last but not least, let's talk about the guys. Gentlemen, vintage looks aren't just for the ladies this season. After a long run, the faux hawk is finally on it's way out and the pompadour is in! 2012's take on the classic James Dean and Elvis Presley style hasn't veered much from the original (and why should it?), but some are opting for closely faded sides and a blow-out, jersey styled top. A similar look that is also making a comeback is from an even earlier era. Characters in HBO's Boardwalk Empire sport a classic undercut styleback and sides are clipper short and the top is long and slicked back. Both the pompadour and undercut are easy to style and will keep cool on a hot day. Add a short beard or keep your 5 o'clock shadow and you'll be set for fashion success. 


 
Be on the lookout for future articles. We’re going to be creating how-to guides for more of the hottest styles of the summer!


Article by Ryan White

No comments:

Post a Comment